Daiichi Eizai Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) complies with all relevant laws, regulations and other norms pertaining to the protection of the personal information of its customers, business partners, employees, etc., and has voluntarily established rules and structures for managing such information.
These are the primary policies for the protection of personal information, and we pledge to ensure that related measures are enacted in accordance with these Policies.
Declaration Regarding Handling of Personal Information
- The Company shall handle and maintain appropriate and strict control over customer information and other personal information, and shall ensure security measures are in place to prevent leakage and loss of information, as well as unauthorized access, destruction, and alteration.
- The Company shall comply with all laws, regulations, and other norms regarding the protection of personal information.
- The Company shall respond appropriately to inquiries regarding personal information and the protection of personal information.
- The Company shall collect personal information in an appropriate manner, and shall not provide said information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual(s) involved.
- The Company shall work to ensure its officers, employees, and business partners, etc. are informed of the above, and to enact, improve and maintain these Policies.
1.Use of Personal Information
The Company shall use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide appropriate proposals and information regarding the Company’s products and services.
- To provide materials and information as requested by customers and others.
- To contact and provide descriptions, materials, information and services to individuals signing up for sales campaigns and other public events.
- To respond to inquiries from customers and others.
- For the Company’s employment management purposes.
2.Scope of the Use of Personal Information
- Providing information to contractors
Within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, the Company may provide personal information to contractors, limited to the minimum required. In doing so, the Company shall encourage said contractors to manage this information in accordance with these Policies, and work to ensure that such information management is carried out.
- Providing information to third parties
Aside from contractors, the Company shall not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual(s) involved.
Note, however, that in the following cases, personal information may be provided to third parties without the prior consent of the individual(s) involved:
- When required by law.
- When necessary to protect individual life, limb, and property in cases where it may be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) involved.
- When deemed especially necessary to improve public health or to ensure the sound development of children in cases where it may be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) involved.
- When necessary to cooperate with state institutions, local public entities, and others entrusted by them in the performance of their duties as stipulated by law, and where obtaining the consent of the individual(s) involved may hinder the performance of such duties.
3.Collection of Personal Information
The Company shall collect personal information through proper and legal means.
4.Information Management and Security Measures
- The Company shall maintain appropriate, strict control over personal information, and shall ensure security measures are in place to prevent leakage and loss of information, as well as unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration.
- The Company shall appoint a Personal Information Administrator who shall have overall responsibility for managing personal information on behalf of the Company. At the same time, personal information managers will be designated for each division, and all employees will be provided with training and education in the proper handling of personal information.
- The Company shall enter into agreements with contractors being provided with personal information, stipulating that said contractors handle personal information appropriately, and shall verify how information is being managed on a regular basis.
5.Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
The Company shall establish a contact point for inquiries regarding the disclosure of personal information, and shall respond to such inquiries without delay and to a reasonable extent in accordance with laws and regulations.
Contact for inquiries regarding personal information:
Daiichi Eizai Co., Ltd. Administration Department
*Excluding regular Company holidays (in principle, Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays)
6.Revisions to the Basic Policies
These Basic Policies may be revised as needed. Check for the latest version on the Company’s website.
Enacted March 1, 2006
Daichi Eizai Co., Ltd.
Mitsuhiro Hoshikawa, President